I am occasionally available for pro-bono consultation on grant projects (specialization in sustainable agriculture), literacy tutoring training, and other community-supported initiatives.
- Community Grant writer, Indiana PA Community Garden (10 hours of service), Summer 2016
- Community Grant writer, Project Manager, and Newsletter Editor, Indiana PA Food Co-Op (20 hours of service), Fall 2015
- Grant writer and Grant Consultant for Community Organizations: Michigan Organizations: Roots to Fruits, LLC; Harvest Michigan; and the White House Art Collective, 2012-2015
- Baldwin Center Tutor Development Workshops, 2012-2015
- Tutor Development Workshop for Macomb Literacy Partners (Michigan), 2012
Community Service Learning
While at Oakland University, I spent five semesters teaching WRT 320: Peer Tutoring in Composition at the Baldwin Center in Pontiac, MI. There, as part our normal coursework, we tutored low income and minority children and adolescents. In the past, I also partnered with the Macomb Literacy Partners and Detroit Reads.